PRL (Physical Research Laboratory) has published advertisement for Junior Research Fellowships post.
- Junior Research Fellowships (JRFs) July 2019
- Online application starts: Sunday, 17 March, 2019 07:00 AM (onwards)
- Last date for online application: Saturday, 20 April, 2019 11:59 PM
- Interview dates: 27-28 May and 17-18 June, 2019
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Science or Engineering with first class (60%) or equivalent grades at both Bachelor’s and Master’s levels. Selected students should be interested in carrying out doctoral research in the above-mentioned areas only. We expect prospective candidates to have reasonably good proficiency in basic physics and mathematics.
- Master’s degree should be on or after2017. Those students expecting Master’s degree by August2019 are also eligible to apply, subject to having secured first class (60%) or equivalent grades up to the last semester.
- Applicants should have qualified in any one of the following examinations:
- CSIR-UGC National Eligibility Test, NET.JRFILS [December 20171June 20181December 2018] in Physical Sciences I Chemical Sciences I Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences.
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) [GATE 20171GATE 20181GATE 2019] in Physics I Geology and Geophysics I Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences I Chemistry.
- Joint Entrance Screening Test [JEST 2019] in Physics.
Fellowship: As per the norms of the Department of Space. Renewal of fellowship is based on our view conducted each year. The total duration of the fellowship will be five years.
- Applicant must be an Indian citizen and have studied at recognised Universities I Institutes in India.
- 25 years as on 31.12.2018 (born on or after 31.12.1993).
How to Apply
- Eligible candidates may visit the PRL website: https://www.prl.res.in for more information and to register their applications. Applications will be received online only. The online application will open on 17 March 2019 and will be closed on 20 April2019.
- Interested candidates are requested to remain present along with all original certificates to given address in the advertisement.
- Fulfilling minimum qualification and filling online application do not guarantee a call for an interview. The applications received in response to this advertisement shall be scrutinised by taking into account their CSIRUGC- NET/GATE/JEST and Post Graduation scores and shortlist will be prepared. Candidates shortlisted as per PRL norms will be called for the interview.
- For more details about the discipline wise eligibility, research areas, selection procedure, etc. please visit PRL web site as mentioned above.