DPT (Deendayal Port Trust) (formerly Kandla Port Trust) has published advertisement for various posts.
- Divisional Accountant: 3 Posts
- Assistant Flotilla Supervisor: 2 Posts
- Surveying Recorder: 1 Post
- Signalman: 3 Posts
Total Vacancy: 9 Posts
- Last Date: 08-04-2019
- Divisional Accountant: Should be graduate and have passed Intermediate Examination of ICWA or ICA. The selected candidates have to undergo on the job training for 3 months and pass the Departmental Examination during the probation period.
- Assistant Flotilla Supervisor: 1. Extensive marine experience of at least 7 years and capable of taking charges of floating craft operation work and organisation. Must have experience of controlling large staff. Must have good knowledge of English. Desirable: Knowledge of Hindi
- Surveying Recorder: Matriculation. Should have adequate experience in hydrographic survey department in taking sextant angles and plotting fixes station pointer. Should be conversant with the reduction of soundings to the datum and preparation of working sheet for the surveyor. Should have knowledge of hand lead marking and taking sounding by lead. Preferential Qualifications: (1) Diploma in Civil Engineering (2) Knowledge and experience of chain surveying & levelling.
- Signalman: (1) SSLC/XIIth pass. (2.) Complete knowledge of the International Code. (3) Should be able to receive and send messages b+G98y mores and semaphore at the rate of 8 and 12 words per minute respectively.
Age Limit: (to be reckoned as on 1st March 2019)
- For Divisional Accountant (Age: 21-26 years)
- Candidate must have been born not earlier than 02.03.1993 and not later than 01.03.1998 (both days inclusive.)
- For Assistant Flotilla Supervisor (Age: 20-30 years)
- Candidate must have been born not earlier than 02.03.1989 and not later than 01.03.1999 (both days inclusive.)
- For Surveying Recorder (Age: 25-35 years)
- Candidate must have been born not earlier than 02.03.1984 and not later than 01.03.1994 (both days inclusive.)
- For Signalman (Age: 19-25 years)
- Candidate must have been born not earlier than 02.03.1994 and not later than 01.03.2000 (both days inclusive.)
Emoluments and Benefits
- Divisional Accountant: Basic Pay Rs. 32,500/- in the Pay scale of Rs. 32,500-83,800 and other admissible allowance as applicable.
- Assistant Flotilla Supervisor: Basic Pay Rs. 32,500/- in the Pay scale of Rs. 32,500-83,800 and other admissible allowance as applicable.
- Surveying Recorder: Basic Pay Rs. 29,600/- in the Pay scale of Rs. 29,600-81,100 and other admissible allowance as applicable.
- Signalman: Basic Pay Rs. 25,200/- in the Pay scale of Rs. 25,200-59,600 and other admissible allowance as applicable.
- The selection will be made on the basis of performance in online/written test and/or proficiency/skill test as applicable. There will be no interview for the above Class III posts. The selection of shortlisted candidates for the above posts will be subject to verification of required documents as indicted in this advertisement, in original. Non-submission of requisite documents by the candidate during this process will disqualify his/her candidature from further participation in the recruitment process. Further, in case, it is found during verification that requisite documents do not meet the prescribed criteria, his/her candidature will not be considered any further in the recruitment process.
- The examination will be conducted at venues in Gandhidham/Ahmedabad/Gandhinagar/Rajkot as given in the respective admit cards
How to Apply
Candidates have to submit application in the prescribed format only. The self attested photocopies of all necessary certificates of experience, qualification and category, etc. are to be enclosed with the application form.
Candidates meeting the eligibility criteria, requisite essential qualifications may apply in the prescribed format available on the DPT website www.deendayalport.gov.in under ‘Recruitment Section’.
Duly filled in application along with recent passport size photograph affixed on the right hand corner of the application and self-attested copies of education/ experience/ age certificate(s) may be sent to the following address so as to reach the same on or before 8th April, 2019:
- The Secretary,
Deendayal Port Trust,
Administrative Office Building,
Gujarat – 370 201
The applications which are received after due date/ not sent through proper channel will not be considered.